a woodsy anniversary
every year for our anniversary, chris and i give each other a gift according to this list (we usually try to follow the traditional side). we also try to be creative with it. for instance for cotton we made each other t-shirts. we were joking that it would be funny if the gift for the 5th anniversary were wood, since we were going camping. i decided to look it up one day and guess what. we were right, haha. i thought to myself, how appropriate.
we went back to the place were chris proposed, Roaring River State Park, and pitched our tent. unfortunately the spot we had reserved had zero shade. so as soon as we pitched our tent the first day, we found the nearest swimming pool and jumped in. we had also planned on venturing into our favorite little town, Eureka Springs, so luckily we were able to beat the heat and the sun for the most part of the days we were there.
some things we did (not in order):
– tried to start a campfire, failed, had to have our neighbors help us, it worked, we couldn’t put said fire out b/c it got so big. learned a lesson. bring better fire starters.
– made s’mores
– had to listen to some noisy neighbors argue with their kids the whole entire time they were there.
– also had to listen to some awful heavy metal screaming ‘music’ thanks to our neighbors who helped us with the fire. :/
– got to listen to the river and the crickets at night.
– watched the super moon rise, took pictures of said super moon, and realized it looked the same size as regular moon.
– went on a very steep hike up firetower trail (where chris proposed)
– visited our favorite stores in eureka springs.
– ate lunch at some yummy vegetarian friendly restaurants.
– ate dinner cooked by a campfire.
– made dough boys. twice. YUM.
– went on a natural spring hunt in eureka springs. realized the internet is deceiving. but still had a good time exploring. ;)
– took lots of pictures.
– went swimming.
– put too much ice in one of the coolers. ruined some food. learned another lesson.
– made pancakes outside.
– brushed our teeth outside.
– sweated. a lot.
– drove through lots of twisty, curvy, mountainy roads.
– had some much needed downtime. together.
– tried to find a photo booth. found said photo booth. realized photo booth was no longer there. :(
– sat in the shade of our tent due to zero shade on our campsite.
– had the most relaxing vacation ever. promised to do this more often.
that’s the super moon and a campfire ;)